Thursday, August 13, 2009

Check out the new American Craft magazine

Back in April, I was hired by American Craft Magazine to write a review of the European Design exhibit at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. It was a fun but challenging assignment, as I have never pretended to be a visual art critic. Still, after attending the symposium, and having interviewed IMA director Maxwell Anderson and design chief R. Craig Miller numerous times about the European show, I thought I did a decent job of critiquing the show.

Anyway, long story short, the story got held from their May/June issue, and has now been published in the August/September issue, which should be on local newsstands now.

Unfortunately, my story is not available on the magazine's web site. I spoke with the editor via e-mail the other day, and she said they like to hold some content for the print version only. I guess I should feel special. So if you want to read my wonderful pose about the IMA show, you'll have to slap down some money for a copy.

I'm a little disappointed that the article didn't run while the IMA exhibit was going on, but it will be traveling around the country. So hopefully somebody will read the review and be inspired to go catch the show, which is not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment