Sunday, December 20, 2009

Coming this week

Madness! Madness!

Those are the last words of perhaps my favorite film of all time, "The Bridge on the River Kwai." It also describes my life lately.

Believe it or not, it is possible for even a movie nut like me to get temporarily tired of going to the cinema. I'm about at that breaking point myself, even though the vast majority of end-of-year flicks I'm seeing have been good, and a number of them excellent.

I saw "The Young Victoria" the other day, and immediately said to myself, "I may have to rejigger my Top 10 List" -- which is coming next week, btw.

So, on that note:

For new movies, I'll have reviews of "Sherlock Holmes," "Up in the Air," "Nine," "It's Complicated" and the aformentioned "Victoria."

Probably just one Reeling Backward essay this week, on Fellini's "8½."

The video review will be "(500) Days of Summer."

No comments:

Post a Comment