Sunday, December 6, 2009

New this week

Movies, movies, movies!

It's major crunch time for film critics, as we struggle to watch as many movies as possible for our Top 10 lists and award consideration. As I write this, I've watched six movies in the last four days, and am struggling to finish reviews of them. Some won't actually open for weeks, or even into the new year.

But try writing a critique of something you watched a month ago, and you'll see the necessity of getting your thoughts down as soon as possible.

Heck, I'm not exactly sure what's opening this Friday. I know "The Princess and the Frog" and "Invictus" for sure, and I'll have reviews of both of them. I'm hearing "Up in the Air" may open as well, even though we were told it was pushed back to Dec. 25, or even later.

One update: A lot of people have been asking me about "The Road," which was scheduled to open in Indianapolis Nov. 25, but got pushed back. We're now being told its release is TBA. However, we're supposed to be receiving DVD screeners of it -- a pretty rare occurrence these days.

The video review will be "Julie & Julia."

I'll have Reeling Backward columns on "Barbarosa" and "Meet John Doe."

No comments:

Post a Comment