There's only one episode and one season left of HBO's "Game of Thrones."
I'm still flummoxed how they're going to wrap all this up in just 11 more episodes.
Bring on the wild speculation!
- Dany and her khal cross the Narrow Sea, supported by Yara, and make landfall in Westeros after defeating Euron, but with heavy losses. They land in Highgarden and make common cause with the Tyrells, and their combined armies make their push north.
- After many troubles, the Starks reunite around a returned Bran, the true heir of Winterfell. They make mincemeat out of the Freys but then fall to arguing about going after the Lannisters or defending the North from the White Walkers.
- Cersei is brought low by the High Sparrow, but with the help of Margaery whispering in Tommen’s ear, manipulate events to their advantage, possibly using some of the Mad King’s leftover wildfire. A certain 8-foot knight makes a messy end of the septon.
- Arya and the Hound hook up again for a vengeance spree, later being joined by Brienne, that culminates with Arya using her assassin skills to kill Cersei, and possibly Tommen, too.
- After a huge and nasty battle, Dany captures the Red Keep and names herself Queen. Tyrion becomes Hand again. Samwell becomes their maester/advisor. Brienne becomes Captain of the Kingsguard. Jamie is spared so he can take the black.
- Jon is revealed as the secret love child of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar, meaning he actually has a better claim on the Iron Throne. But he rejects this to lead the combined army against the White Walkers.
- Bran uses his powers to outwit the White Walker chief, and becomes Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North. The remaining wildlings settle the barren spots of the North, with a few being made lords to replace some bad eggs.