Monday, August 17, 2009

Sorry, kid


So I got this e-mail this morning. I'm sorry to say it's not the first time this has happened.

My name is _______ and I am a huge fan of yours. I have seen all three Back to the Future episodes which, in my opinion, were awesome! Emmett Brown is, also in my opinion, a genius, a hero, and the greatest scientist of them all and believe me, I never stop thinking about him! If you cannot personally reply to this email, please, please get your agent to reply to it on your behalf. I would really love to hear from you, even if it's your agent.

He is, of course, referring to the actor Christopher Lloyd.

I remember a few years ago when I was working in Florida, and a local bookshop asked me to do a presentation about the literary roots of the "Star Wars" films. I think one of the new trilogy was coming out. Anyway, they put up flyers all around town that basically said, "Christopher Lloyd to talk about Star Wars."

One kid showed up with glossy still photographs of the actor, hoping to get some autographs. He was just crushed. I wrote back to this e-mailer, knowing he will be, too.

Such is the life of being a film writer who shares the name of a well-known film actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment