Thursday, April 2, 2009

Second podcast now up at The Film Yap


It's about the difference between animation giants Pixar and DreamWorks. You can listen at http://www.thefilmyap.com/?p=269

Joe and I are starting to get the hang of this podcasting thing.

I spent a good deal of yesterday learning to use some freeware audio editing software. It took some doing, especially after I had to go in search of some bit of encoding before it would export as an MP3. But I think I'm getting the hang of it.

The main challenge is editing out the extraneous stuff and the screw-ups, like where I referred to the new DreamWorks movie as "Aliens vs. Monsters." But in the digital age, a few magic buttons are pressed, and I sound like I actually know what I'm talking about.

We hope to do about one of these a week, posting in time for the weekend. We posted our first podcast on "Watchmen" more than a week after we recorded it, and the new one went up about five days late. With any luck, the third one will be up Friday or Saturday.

About the sound quality: Yeah, we know it sucks. Right now we're doing it over the phone, with Joe recording it on his cell phone. We understand there's some equipment we can buy to make it a cleaner recording, so soon as we get our ducks in a row we'll try to upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment